USA RUGBY CiPP PROCESS FOR NEW MEMBERS OF THE CHICAGO DRAGONS
CiPP, or CIPP, or occasionally sip, is your registration, as a Chicago Dragon, with USA Rugby. This makes you an eligible competitive rugby player, and gets you extra insurance if you are injured during an official event. This is 100% mandatory, full stop, non-negotiable. You MUST be registered, or you WILL NOT PLAY. This is very serious, as an improperly registered player can get the club in a whole mess of trouble.
Note that this is a separate fee from paying your dues, but it covers an entire year from the time you are registered.
1. Go to https://webpoint.usarugby.org/
2. Click Join USA Rugby
3. Fill in the Member Information form.
- Use the same e-mail you would like to receive Chicago Dragons Communications
- If possible use a non-school (.edu) e-mail address
- Legal name is what appears on your Driver’s License or Passport
- Nickname is what you usually go by (i.e. Gaga)
4. Create your Log in Account. This account will be reused EVERY year, so make it memorable.
5. Once Finished, Click SUBMIT
6. On the Next Screen, Under PLAYER MEMBER Chose ‘Chicago Dragons Rugby Football Club’
7. DO NOT FILL OUT ANYTHING FOR THE OTHER SECTIONS:
Referee Member- LEAVE BLANK
Coach Member - LEAVE BLANK
Admin Member - LEAVE BLANK
8. Scroll To the bottom and Click Sign Up
9. The next screen shows a breakdown of fees. This fee will need to be paid every year if you which to play or practice with the Chicago Dragons during any season (Spring 15’s, Summer 7’s, Fall 15’s).
10. Scroll Down and Read the USA RUGBY RELEASE OF LIABILITY, then check the I AGREE* box.
11. Scroll Down and Read the Section Titled USA RUGBY RULES ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
12. Check the I agree* Box, then click Continue
13. Confirm Entered Member Information is correct
14. Enter Credit Card Information & Billing Address
15. Click Join
16. The next screen will give you a receipt. Make sure to save this in the event something goes wrong with your registration, or with the USA Rugby system. Ideas on how to save it are listed below:
- a. Take a screen shot of the page
- b. print the page
- c. print the page as a PDF and save it to your computer
- d. take a picture of the page & Confirmation with your phone and save that picture
- e. write down any confirmation number that is provided
- f. don’t be dumb